Saturday, May 14, 2011

Strength of Millions

(This blog post was supposed to be for Thursday, but Blogger was having issues)

I've always had to be strong.

I feel like I never had the choice to be anything other than strong.

I couldn't cry. I couldn't show that I was in pain.

I couldn't show that I was weak.

I couldn't write about it or talk about it.

Instead, I created people inside of me to carry the burden of always being strong.

Today, I felt as if I couldn't be strong anymore.

I found myself wanting someone to take care of me - someone to protect me so I didn't have to be so strong.

But there is no one. I sat in my car, driving around aimlessly, and crying my soul out.

I cried until I couldn't feel anything but numbness.

And now I build up my wall, stronger than ever, so tomorrow I can be strong again.

Never shall I ever show anything but strength. Because without this, I would break...


*Bee

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I've been very ill recently and have missed many days of work. I've always had to be strong and tho my coworkers knew I was sick, no one called to check on me. They always call each other - I even check up on them. They say they don't worry about me because i can take care of myself. I feel so alone. I'm sorry, Bee, that you feel that way, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....that is profound! I can relate.
    Lothlorien

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee,
    This captures everything so perfectly. Your an inspiration and I am so thankful for you.

    ReplyDelete