Sunday, June 12, 2011

Thank You, T

For those of you who have been following my blog, you know that lately I've been having a really hard time with my T - she's cancelled on me, stood me up, promised things she didn't keep, etc, etc, etc.

Recently I have had a lot of missing time, and by recently I mean over the past 5 or 6 months. I've tried to talk to my T about it but I have felt like I cannot even come close to conveying what it is like to lose time.

Every session my T tries to tell me that "she understands" or "knows what it feels like". Damn it, I know she doesn't understand! Why can't she just admit that?!?!

Today, I received an email from my T...

"Bee,
I'm sorry you are feeling frustrated. I have no idea how it is to have so much time pass and not know what happened. Write down the questions you have so when we meet next week, I can try to answer them.
 T"

I was so shocked that she had admitted this to me - in all of the 6 years she has been my T, not once has she admitted this.

My reply was, "Thank you for acknowledging that you don't know what it's like. That means a lot."


*Bee

4 comments:

  1. It's seems she also has no idea how it feels to have so much time pass without any contact from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candycan - Wow, you couldn't have said it any better! In the words of Brian Regan, "How true that is!"


    *Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee,
    I have missed you. I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. I too am glad that your T was finally able to give you what you need. I hope you are taking care of yourself.
    You are loved.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wonder if my T suffers from and ED or BPD... just so I know if they know what it's like...

    i think I'm actually going to ask my T tomorrow at our appointment.

    I'm glad your T finally admitted that she didn't get it!

    xoxo
    -Lisa
    www.coupdegrace88.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete