Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tomorrow Is The Day I Start My Life

Tomorrow is the day I start my life. Tomorrow I begin my first teaching job. Tomorrow I am in charge of students' learning. Tomorrow I am one step closer to moving out and being fully independent.

I never thought this day would come. I have wanted to become a teacher since I was 4 years old. Everyone Sunday after church, my sisters and I would play School. I was always the teacher. I would teach them what I was currently learning in school - mostly math and spelling since those were my favorite subjects.

I loved school. It was an escape from my abusers, from my house, from my family. I wasn't very good at it because of all the lost time. I didn't know I was losing time when I was younger - all I knew was that I would randomly appear in places and be expected to do work and I would have no clue how to do it. I spent my entire school career in figuring things out on my own.

Tomorrow I start teaching. Wow. Words cannot express how excited I am.

Tomorrow.

*Bee

10 comments:

  1. I am excited for you! I can tell you that until I graduated from college, I felt a bit behind everyone else and the missed minutes/ptsd etc. really got to me. Since getting a job, buying a house and knowing I can make it on my own, I have learned to accept and cope with my problems better - just because I am self-sufficient. It makes a lot of difference. My best to you! I am happy for you and I hope you post about all the antics with children you experience as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Your life starts from the moment you decide =P

    You've come really far in life! Thanks for all your support throughout last year!!!

    xoxo
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have this bright spot in your life, Bee! Congrats! I can tell already that you're a great teacher. Hope your first day--and the rest of the school year--go wonderfully.

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome to hear, hope it all goes well tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it is wonderful. I am very excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, and good luck on your first day!
    Lothlorien

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope today was a great day for you and everyhing you dreamed it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ivory, Thank you so much! I can't wait to get to that point. I'm so excited to start this new part of my life and really begin to heal. Thank you for your support and comments. They mean so much!

    Lisa, Of course! And thank you for all of your support. It is greatly appreciated.

    Michelle, Thank you! I'm really excited and I hope things continue to go wonderfully.

    Grace, Thanks!!

    Cassie, Just posted an update :) Thanks!

    EH, Thank you! I'm very excited as well!

    Lothlorien, Thank you so much!

    MIS, I was definitely happy with today :) It's hard to believe that I've finally reached this point. The thing I have been dreaming of ever since I was 4 years old happened today. Thank you!


    *Bee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations from one teacher to another. Your students will be so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete