Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Fog Is Taking Over

I'm sick of this fog.

I can't see, I can't think, I can't sleep. I can't even follow a freaking conversation to save my life. How in the world am I going to student teach in 22 days?!?

I've tried everything to try to ground myself, to clear my mind, to relax. But it's NOT WORKING.

I've never gone this long like this. I've been in this fog since February and it just keeps getting worse.

I keep switching and dissociating all the time - I can't stop it. I don't know why it is even happening so much. I feel like I'm about to break and fall apart.

I really want to be able to do my best during my student teaching. I want to be able to focus, to think, to do. I want to be able to live in the moment without having to worry about disappearing.

Sometimes I really wonder if I'm just going to keep getting worse....and it scares me so bad.

2 comments:

  1. I worried about that before I started student teaching, but you know what - I did just fine. I had a wonderful 13 week student teaching experience.

    I am struggling with the sleep thing which is why I am commenting on your blog in the middle of the night.

    You will be a great student teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunshine,
    It's good to hear that. Mine will be 16 weeks. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with sleep as well. Thanks so much for your comments.

    ReplyDelete