Thursday, August 12, 2010

Student Teaching

Well I started student teaching yesterday!

My first day went very well - I was not nervous at all! I observed for pretty much the entire school day and I helped my mentor teacher prepare things before and after school. I got to know most of the other teachers I will be working with over the next few weeks and see what goes on during the school day.

Today was my second day and it also went very well! I observed again (I have to get so many observation hours to meet my requirements) so I was getting a little weary by the middle of the day. I really just want to start teaching! I start taking over one period (7th grade math) on Monday so that is exciting!

To update from the last post... I still have not responded to Caly's e-mail. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do. I need to figure out what will be best for me, especially since her e-mail was a huge trigger and I'm still not quite over it. I'm thinking once I calm down I will be able to think more clearly about it. Plus I want to discuss it with my T when I meet with her next. I guess we'll just see how it turns out...

My sister Brooke (the engaged one, a.k.a. my twin sister) is heavy into the wedding plans. Since I will be her maid of honor, she has been asking me all kinds of questions that I really don't know the answers to! Oh well... I still love her :) It will be weird to have her move out. I'm so used to her being right down the hall...

I find that the busier I am, the better my splits and I do as a whole. I find that while I have been observing in the classroom the past two days, I have trouble focusing, concentrating, answering questions, quick thinking, etc. But as soon as I jump in to help a student or talk to the teachers, I find myself able to focus and just do better mentally over all. So I'm hoping that will also be the case when I start teaching.

Blah... I'm wiped out! I'm hoping I will acquire more energy as the days go on or else I'm going to be spending my weekends sleeping...

I hope you all are having a good week!!

*Bee

2 comments:

  1. I too find that the busier I am the better my alters and I do - unless we get too much on our plate, then we lose time.

    I loved my student teaching experience. It sounds like yours is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so wonderful that you are finally getting into your student teaching. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete