Thursday, August 19, 2010

What Is Truly Fragmented?

Is your mind fragmented or is your spirit/soul fragmented?

This is the question I ask myself everyday since I found out what my diagnosis of DID meant. What is truly fragmented?

My T and I talked about this question in our session today. My T thinks it is just my mind that is fragmented and that my spirit/soul is whole - that I should always search to find my spirit/soul so I can find wholeness in my fragmented life and heal. I think that is a wonderful idea, really, but I don't know if I totally think that way. Sometimes I really wonder if it is my spirit/soul that is fragmented...

I don't know if I will ever find the answer to this question but I do want to know what other people think about this. What is truly fragmented?

4 comments:

  1. That's a tough question. Gee, thanks, Bee! Now I'll wonder about this all weekend.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I think the mind is definitely fragmented and the soul is shattered. That might sounds like the same word but to us it's different, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about this today.
    Even before I read this post! Here
    is what I think. :)

    God placed one soul in each person.
    I don't think this fragmented problem
    has anything to do with that.

    Now a spirit is a different matter.
    Such as, when your spirit is broken.
    Or, your over all spirit (attitude) is
    joyful. I think maybe the spirit
    encompasses all of the alts that are
    present at that moment (I think I'm
    going to call my alts..... traits).
    Or maybe not.

    But the splits, I want to believe are
    in my mind. Like memories. They
    are not all out at the same time. Some
    are hidden so deep that I'm afraid to
    try to dig them out. Yet, they will
    sometimes surface if I think about
    them hard enough.

    I'm trying to rationalize
    this all so that I can "get my mind
    around it". So that I can embrace it.
    If this is who I am then I want to
    know and understand as much about
    it as possible.


    *sigh* wow that took a lot of energy!

    later, ((hug))

    ReplyDelete