Monday, March 22, 2010

Good Weekend

If you have been reading my blog, you know that I have been out of town for the past couple of days. Let me just say, I didn't realize how badly I needed to have this little "getaway vacation" until I got there.

My friend and I had a blast! We were able to catch up, have several girl talks, go shopping, hang out with other friends, watch movies, and just hang out. At times I felt my splits trying to switch with me but for the most part it went really well. I have been in a great mood, and.... I LAUGHED! Like really laughed, several times! Man did it feel good to just let go and feel happy. It was such a good idea to go.

But now I am back at home...and already hating it. I know I shouldn't be so negative about it, but it just keeps getting worse here and I feel like no one realizes how bad it has gotten. I am now more motivated than ever to move out.

I finally heard from my therapist on Friday night. Apparently her two younger kids had gotten sick that day and by that afternoon she had caught what they had. So she told me that's why she never called back, because she didn't think it would be good to see her and have the possibility of me getting sick. I still think it would have been considerate to have at least called, or even e-mailed, that she couldn't meet. But, nonetheless, we have a session set up for tomorrow morning. I'm sure it will be very interesting...

When I was with my friend this weekend, we kept talking about random things and such and something came up that I thought was rather funny... She had been looking for something for about 30 minutes on Saturday and still could not find it. She turned to me and said "You know when you know you have something but cannot find it?!" I just laughed and said, "You have NO idea..."

It made me think of all the times my splits have used something of ours and placed it somewhere other than its designated area/place and then I spend hours or days or weeks trying to find whatever was misplaced. Sometimes I wonder if I would have such a hard time finding things if I didn't have any splits.

I feel like I have so much more to write, but nothing is flowing out right now so I will end this post for now and I may write another later. Maybe after my classes tonight.

I hope everyone is doing well.

6 comments:

  1. The words that come to mind: "purloin" and "niggle". Oh the good times we had!

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO idea is right! How do we even describe what it's like to have things like that happen? Just last night DH and I got in a huge fight about a debit card. I've realized we were both partly right about who had it and where it may have been but I can't account for how it got to the location in which we found it. It had to be an alter and there is a great deal of co-con here but I have no recollection of anyone putting the card where they did. Ugh!

    So glad you got away for a bit. I'm getting away to best friend's place for a couple days this week, then another good friend is coming to visit me. It will be overwhelming but wonderful at the same time.

    Michelle/s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lor,

    Haha, too funny!

    Michelle,

    I totally know what you mean! It can get pretty frustrating... I hope you have a good time with your friends!

    -Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the daily grind is awful. I'm glad to hear, tho, that you had so much fun. Made me envious!! I'm thinking I'll take a short vacation, too. !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ivory,
    You should take a short vacation! It is very rewarding :) Thank you for your comment.

    -Bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi bee!! I am so glad you were able to get away. i hope that you are able to find a way to move and have your own space, i just love hearing you trust yourself!! ♥

    ReplyDelete