Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Hate Goodbyes

“Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now.” – Airplanes by B.o.B.

This song has played on the radio seven times today.

I forgot to mention in my last post that my last night of classes was on Monday. Tonight we had our class party. My teacher (she makes my favorites list which only has 3 other teachers on it) pulled me aside after everyone else had left and told me how proud of me she was and that she was so excited for me to start student teaching next semester. She told me that I am going to be a great teacher and she can’t wait for me to start teaching. I was her favorite student this semester and last semester and she said I better keep in touch with her. She heard that my story was published in a literary journal and so she wants me to send it to her so she can read it. She is just so awesome. I am going to miss seeing her every week.

Today was hard for me and I think it is because I really hate goodbyes. “Goodbye” just seems so final… I avoid the word as often as I possibly can. Tonight when the party was wrapping up and everyone started to leave, I felt this overwhelming sadness. This teacher has been such a huge part of my life for the past year and she has been so amazing for us. I hope I can work with her again in the future.

I'm too emotionally drained right now, so I'm going to stop this short. I will post more tomorrow - about sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment