Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's Funny How Life Plays Out....

I have so much to say today and I don't even know where to start...

I was up all night until 5am when the splits FINALLY stopped screaming! Ah it was peaceful sleeping time until my alarm went off at 6:30am.

I went to my session with T and all was good until she said something that triggered the splits back into screaming again...

I think I should kind of go over how our sessions usually go... When I was first diagnosed with DID, my T tried working with individual splits on an "as need" basis - so basically whoever needed to come out and work through things would get that time. But with 103 splits, that's a lot to deal with and remember. So over the years, we have found that it is best if I am out for the session's, unless a split is present when the session starts. The majority of the time, I am out and working through things.

Today was no different, but since I have not been out much over the past week, our session wasn't as effective as normal. But I still feel like we got a lot accomplished. By the end, the splits had ceased their screaming again.

I went interning and it was really good. I got to work with a few new students which was great! I'm actually excited for tomorrow.

My plan after interning was to pick up my two youngest sister's from school, go home, pack for the weekend, take a nap, and then catch up on homework. I'm all about being organized and always having a plan! But things didn't go as planned...

And I'm actually glad things didn't go as planned. When my sister's and I got home, we ended up talking - which is rare since they are a over 7 years younger than me. Somehow I ended up telling them about me having DID. I had to explain it in a way that they could understand and surprisingly, they were VERY accepting and gave me their full attention. We ended up talking for almost 4 hours about it! They had so many questions and were just intrigued by DID. I was baffled and completely not expecting to have this kind of conversation with them anytime soon. But my youngest sister said to me, "wow, this explains so much about you!" After they ran out of questions to ask me, we ended up hanging out the rest of the night. I now have a new bond formed with my two youngest sisters. It is an amazing feeling to have two more people in my life who are supportive of me - because I don't have very many of those!

The really great thing about this happening today was that it prepared me for the talk I am going to have with my mom. Not only was it a confidence booster, but it gave me a little more insight on how different family members view me. It gave me a little more perspective on how my mom view's me and how to approach her with what I need to say. I am really going to try to talk to my mom this week before I see my T again.

And I end today with all of the members in my immediate family knowing that I have DID. It's funny how life plays out...

-Bee*

No comments:

Post a Comment