Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"The Talk" - Part 1

I did it. I started the conversation with my mom...

It is no where near being finished but I finally took the plunge and brought it up.

We didn't talk for very long today because neither of us had very much time, but it went very well. She started out by asking me some things about my splits in a very respectful way. I answered her questions as best as I could and for once I didn't feel like I had to be defensive like I always feel when I talk to her. We talked a little about me not being around very much and I started to explain why. She was very calm and seemed to take in the information well. I ended the conversation because I didn't want to ruin the moment or overload her with information. And since I am leaving tonight, we will have to postpone the rest of our conversation to the weekend. I just hope and pray that I will have enough time to do all of my homework, cleaning, errands, projects, and have time to really talk to my mom.

I want to thank all of you who have commented on previous posts. It has really helped me to take this big step.

-Bee*

No comments:

Post a Comment